Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Changing Gear

I found an article that was written about me from my sophomore year and it describes the story of how I came to Embry-Riddle. It also explains the reasons why I decided to stay for the full duration of my degree and not leave to go home to Sweden after my freshman year as it was intended. A lot of people actually ask me why I decided to stay in the States and I always come back to the same answer; it was because of the passion and inspiration that I found at Embry-Riddle.
After high school, Hildingsson opened a personal business as a massage therapist. "That’s where I got my interest in business. I knew I wanted to learn the ins and outs of controlling my own company. I didn't expect to do aviation business," she said, "but after two weeks I was inspired by the impressions from other students."
It was interesting to read how my perspective has changed over the past years, but also how some things is still the same. Back then I wanted to work "on the soft side of business", with human resource or something in that area. Today, I am much more open to the "money making side of business", even though I will always have an interest in human development, and how companies conduct ethical and sustainable business practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment